The British Columbia Honey Producers Association (BCHPA) was incorporated in 1920 to serve Beekeepers of British Columbia. The BCHPA’s primary goal is to educate and improve the quality of beekeeping throughout the Province for all beekeepers. Through its work, education initiatives and Provincial involvement the BCHPA has been acknowledged by the Ministry of Agriculture as the voice of all beekeepers in the Province of British Columbia.
BCHPA Semi-Annual and Annual AGM
Semi-Annual Meeting: Kamloops, B.C. March 13-14, 2015
Holiday Inn & Suites 675 Tranquille Road, Kamloops, BC
March 12 - The BCHPA Certified Instructors Course (with a minimum signup of six students)
March 13 - Business Day is free and open to all members of the BCHPA (no charge)
March 14 - Education Day
This year, Education Day discount for members, only $50! $70 for non-members. Memberships available at the door.
Send payment to TREASURER: Irene Tiampo
P.O. Box 5609, Station B, Victoria, BC V8R 6S4
The BCHPA has also arranged a speclal guest room rate with the hotel of $109. When calling the Holiday Inn & Suites please advise you are attending the BCHPA Semi-Annual. Phone: +1 250-376-8288
▪ Melanie Kirby, of Zia Queenbee Co. of New Mexico, - queen breeding business
▪ John Gibeau profitable business with 300 hives
▪ Mark Spitzig - Superior Honey Company - marketing honey
▪ B.C. Health - rules to sell honey locally
▪ Axel Krause / Lance Cuthill - useful beekeeping equipment
▪ Liz Huxter: The importance of drone congregation areas
▪ Paul van Westendorp - American Foulbrood and European Foulbrood in BC
▪ Julia and Sarah Common - Hives for Humanity update
▪ Stan Reist - profitable nucleus colony production
Annual General Meeting: Courtenay, B.C. October 15-18, 2015
Comox Valley Bee Club would like to invite you to the 2015 BCHPA AGM in the wonderful Comox Valley
Thursday October 15th - Sunday October 18th.
For more detailed information and registration, please visit our website: www.ComoxValleyBeeClub.com
October 15th - Wine & Cheese Social Event.
October 16th - Business Day AGM
October 16th - Spousal/Visitor Day Event - actual event to be determined
October 16th - Banquet Dinner/Entertainment/ Silent & Live Auctions / Honey Contest
October 17th - Education Day - National & International Speakers TBD
October 18th - Education Day - Speakers TBD
We will be holding the BCHPA AGM at the :
Best Western Plus -The Westerly Hotel and Convention Centre
1590 Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay BC Tel 1 800 668 7797
* Please indicate you are with the BCHPA AGM when making reservations. Room rates starting at $105 and include free parking, free wi-fi, and a $7 food and beverage voucher per person per room night.
** Our local airport (YQQ) is only a few kilometers away in the adjacent town of Comox.
Membership is open to all BC beekeepers. It benefits the hundreds of beekeepers in the province by allowing us to work together and to stay in touch with other beekeepers on the most recent information on hive health, the state of the industry, and tips and tricks of the trade. Your membership helps to fund many programs, research, membership in the Canadian Honey Council, our quarterly magazine and semi-annual meetings. The BCHPA is supported through volunteer work.